Well...I did it! after 3 months of 5am weekday workouts, and early Saturday morning long runs...i ran my first Half Marathon on Sunday in Frederick, Maryland. I finished ahead of my goal at 2 hours and 6 minutes (about 9:35 minutes per mile) and I ran the entire thing! I am very proud of myself, and have to say that I did enjoy myself and will do it again...maybe even as early as this fall.
Thanks Brett for getting up so early with me (we left the house at 4:30am..race started at 6:30am) and taking the pictures, and being so supportive through the whole thing!
When I brought my medal home....Braydon looked at me and said, "thanks for running the race for me and getting me this medal" no problem braydon. :)
1 comment:
Congratulations Kim! I knew you could do it! With legs like that you should start training for the Baltimore Marathon!
Nancy
Post a Comment