Aunt Angela left today, after living with us for nearly 7 months. Needless to say, it was an emotional morning for all of us. I am not quite sure the kids fully understand that she will not be coming back, that this is a permanent move and we will not see her on a daily basis anymore. The kids have more than enjoyed having Aunt Angela around this year, from the play times, talks, laughing, dancing, etc....she was a blast to have here! My kids have such a deep bond with her that will last into their lifetime after this stay, she was here for more than a third of Beckett's life...isn't that crazy? Beckett has definately developed an attachment to her, often choosing to sit on her lap when she was in an uncomfortable situation or tired. I will miss Beckett greeting Angela in the morning with a giant hug, and Braydon telling her all about his day at school, and Brielle just being plain and goofy with her.
I will miss my sister. I think we have grown closer in the past few months than we have been in any of our adult life. We understand each other, that we are different and that we accept that about one another. I feel like i gained a friend, along with a deeper bond with her in this time. She helped me a lot in the past few months and I can only hope we were able to help her as well. i love you angela.
The good news is we will see her in two weeks for Easter, and then again at Ross and Georgina's wedding in June. I do plan to take the kids to her farm sometime in May to go strawberry picking and to give them a chance to see where she is living.
No comments:
Post a Comment