Friday night we took the kids to the high school football game. East Grand Rapids vs. Union. East won the game easily, but it was the experience that was fun. The last time our kids were at a football game it was an NFL game to see the RAVENS...this is so much different. I had not been to a high school football game since I was in high school. It was really cool to see the community support that surrounds this team, and this school. I think more than once, Brett and I looked at each other and were both thinking the same thing... "we did the right thing, this is so right for not just us, our kids, but for our entire family" I have thought about this move a lot lately and events like that just reassure us once more that we listened to GOD, we waited for his timeline and we let things line up when they were supposed to. There are still so many uncertainties, but we can reassure that we are in the best possible place.
watching the games from the stands
sitting in the stands, looking out.
We also entered the world of homework. Braydon is in 1st grade and we knew it was coming, but had just forgotten about it. This was his first assignment, an "all about me" chart. Needless to say, it got done....not without some whining, complaining, laughter and help. I feel like I really have this big kid, big tasks, and big fun! The homework is somewhat torture for the parent when the kid is not excited....we will hope for excitement on a more frequent basis this year. I am so proud of him and what he has learned this past couple years, he is doing so well in school and generally really likes school. Favorite subject: Reading. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment