Wednesday, January 04, 2012

and time to start 2012 at school...after a long 2 week break!

the first day back to school after break...

first day back to school after break. as i was helping braydon get ready this morning, he very seriously said to me: "mom, can I tell you something? you seem kinda excited about today....are you? are you excited to have me out of the house again?" i replied with: "braydon, I am excited...i am excited for you to see your friends again, to have recess, and to go to school" he looked at me, big grin....boy, he is getting smart. :)


I have to say, it cracks me up....he is a smart little guy. it is not that I was super excited for him to be out of the house again, but the routine and structured was definitely welcomed. I love breaks, i love vacation..but with little kids things start to spiral out of control. If you have nothing planned, you find yourself wishing the day away...hoping for a nap, a whine free moment, or happy playtime. I have to remember to enjoy these moments because before I know it, they will be gone. Braydon is 7 afterall....what happened to that little guy who used to babble his way around the house, mumbling little phrases to himself and then run to me for a big bear hug. It goes really fast, people tell you that....but you never believe it until you are going through it.

No comments: